Bananas are a fabulous and versatile fruit. Not only does it provide us with numerous health benefits, but it is also very affordable! Have a look at the ADSA flier below, for a few of the benefits of the brilliant banana.
Give our “No sugar added Banana Muffins” a try – a Nutritional Solutions Favourite!
No Added Sugar Banana Muffins
1 Ready Made Woolworths Bran Muffin Mix (500g)
175g Plain Yoghurt
80ml Sunflower Oil
125ml Low Fat Milk
1 Extra Large Egg
3 Cups of Bran Stick Cereal
1 Grated Carrot
1 Grated Apple
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place oven racks in the middle of the oven.
- Place paper cup cake holders in a 12 Cup muffin tray.
- Pour muffin mix into bowl & make a well in the centre.
- Mix yoghurt & milk, oil and egg together.
- Pour into well & mix into a smooth batter.
- Stir in Bran Sticks, Apple, Carrots and Cinnamon.
- Fill each muffin cup to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 25 mins until golden brown & just cooked. Muffins are done when inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool on rack. NB: Baking times may vary due to temperature fluctuations in ovens and size of muffin