Holidays are here! Many of us are setting off down to the coast or on holiday somehwere n our beautiful SA to celebrate the festive season with family and loved ones. Road trips are not easy to navigate – not only because the men won’t ever ask for directions! But, also when it comes to choosing snacks that are healthy but still satisfying. These cinnamon bran muffins are quick and easy and great to make ahead of time and keep handy as a snack en route. Smear them with low fat plain cottage cheese or a dollop of low fat plain yoghurt for a perfect breakfast on-the-go.
Cinnamon Bran Muffins
1 Ready Made Woolworths Bran Muffin Mix (500g)
175g Plain Low Fat Yoghurt
80ml Sunflower Oil
250ml Low Fat Milk
1 Extra Large Egg
3 Cups of Bran Stick Cereal
1 Cup Grated Carrot
1 Cup Grated Apple
2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place oven racks in the middle of the oven.
- Place paper cup cake holders in a 12 Cup muffin tray.
- Pour muffin mix into bowl & make a well in the centre.
- Mix yoghurt & milk, oil and egg together.
- Pour into well & mix into a smooth batter.
- Stir in Bran Sticks, Apple, Carrots and Cinnamon.
- Fill each muffin cup to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 25 mins until golden brown & just cooked. Muffins are done when inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool on rack. NB: Baking times may vary due to temperature fluctuations in ovens and size of muffin
Nutritional informational for one muffin
|Energy kJ||Protein (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Total Fats (g)||Fibre (g)|